Thursday 19 May 2016

Ode

Success Criteria for Writing an Ode:

  • Choose an ordinary place or object
  • Give your subject praise or thanks e.g. Oh, tree….
  • Speak directly to the object
  • Use descriptive vocabulary to bring the object to life (personification)
  • Use repeated lines


Ode to my Artistic Fingers

Thank you

Fluttering across the white landscape,
guided by a single piece of wood.
Sculpting the grey froth of the ocean’s many tongues
and the ominous shadow of the old man’s hood.

Together you work with my mind,
Painting the salt-sand grains of the sea.
The gentle sighing of seagulls’ wings
and the mulling-over smell of the old man’s tea.

Finished with the whipping wind,
you lay down the guiding wood
and pick up your own cup of tea,
Examining the shadow of the old man’s hood.

Thank you


Medal: I really liked writing this poem because the idea just popped into my head
Medal: I am proud of myself because I helped Tobias write his ode at the same time as mine
Mission: To thank the object more

No comments:

Post a Comment